- The flu vaccine is available by shot or nasal spray.
- Get your flu shot or spray as soon as the vaccine is available in your area.
- It is especially important to get the vaccine if you, someone you live with, or someone you care for is at high risk of complications from the flu.
- Mild reactions such as soreness, headaches, and fever are common side effects of the flu vaccine.
- If you experience a severe reaction such as difficulty breathing, hives, or facial swelling, seek medical attention immediately.