You’d be surprised how many common hazards can be found in workplaces.
- Slips and trips: Anything lying around on the floor can cause a tripping hazard. Slips and trips can result in injuries such as strains or fractures.
- Lifting: Lifting heavy items alone, or lifting items incorrectly, can cause serious and long-term back injury
- Electricity: Electricity can kill in an instant. Always follow safety instructions on equipment.
- Moving machinery: Make sure you stay behind barriers and avoid loose clothing which can get tangled in moving parts.
- Fire: Depending on the environment, fire can take hold in minutes or seconds. Not only can it cause burns, but serious damage from smoke inhalation.
- Working at heights: Falling from any height can result in serious injury and even death.
via NWP103A: Common Hazards.