Firearms Safety — 10 Rules of Safe Gun Handling
1. Always Keep The Muzzle Pointed In A Safe Direction
2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually In Use
3. Don’t Rely On Your Gun’s “Safety”
4. Be Sure Of Your Target And What’s Beyond It
5. Use Correct Ammunition
6. If Your Gun Fails To Fire When The Trigger Is Pulled, Handle With Care!
7. Always Wear Eye And Ear Protection When Shooting
8. Be Sure The Barrel Is Clear Of Obstructions Before Shooting
9. Don’t Alter Or Modify Your Gun, And Have Guns Serviced Regularly
10. Learn The Mechanical And Handling Characteristics Of The Firearm You Are Using
via Firearms Safety | 10 Rules of Safe Gun Handling.
We need to take extra precautions when kids are in an environment where guns are present.
The Hard Facts
It is estimated that about one third of households with childrens ages 17 and under have a gun in the home.
- Store firearms in a locked location, unloaded, out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store ammunition in a separate locked location, out of the reach and sight of children.
- Keep the keys and combinations hidden.
- When a gun is not in its lock box, keep it in your line of sight.
- Make sure all firearms are equipped with effective, child-resistant gun locks.
via Your Safe Kids | Safe Kids Worldwide.